--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> MMY did not recommend the use of hypnosis since, IMO, it promotes self-will
> and not the will of the unified field.

The unified field has a will? Far out.

I doubt hypnosis does anything to you that experience doesn't.
Basically we get to be how we are by what happens to us. Hypnosis
just replaces negative programming we can get from life with
something more positive of our choice rather than the unwitting
engrams from the school of hard knocks.

NLP and psychotherapy do the same thing, introduce a new idea
and repeat it and it will stick after a while and become your
new default response to whatever it was that's bothering you.

This is of course at odds with TM teaching that all problems are caused by
"stress" and that all stress can be released through TM.
The biggest problem with relying on TM as a therapy is that you
don't get to choose which bit is released next and instead hope
that the system somehow settles itself down enough for you to feel
acceptably transformed.

This inefficiency of TM probably goes a long way to explaining why
so many TMers I meet take anti-depressants or see therapists etc.
There are too many still seeking peace in the TMO for it to be
considered a good therapeutic technique. That'd make a good study
for MUM?