> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you think my view of strip clubs depends on what
> > > I think they look like and what happens inside--other
> > > than women dancing nude for men--you haven't understood
> > > my objection.  But that's been obvious for a while now.
> >
> > And I have invited you to tell us what your objections are. Thus
far you have just been dismissive, IMO, and said its too depressing to
> > contemplate that in todays age an intelligent person doesn't
> > understand how strip clubs objectify woman. I am afraid its not my
> > nature to be guilt-tripped and slink away in shame when loaded
terms are cast, if that is your intention. Maybe its not.

> No, it's not my intention.
>
> > Regardless, once and for all, explain your position.
>
> Honestly, I think it would be a waste of my time,
> given the detailed, carefully reasoned rationalizations
> in defense of strip clubs that folks have been putting
> forward.  The position is too deeply embedded.

My views are not intrachably embedded. They are based on my experience
that clubs produced a de-objectifying effect, they decreased my
existing levels of internal objectification of women. They did not
increase them. And I observed no exploitation of women.

But if you have compellng insights, data, observations or models that
better explain what I have seen, I will quicly change.

> > I am open to your
> > views. I am not seeking to win arguments here, but am seeking
> > understanding.
>
> Well, but that's what I'm saying.  I don't think you
> are (any more than I'm open to your views).

I am really not here to "win" arguments. The only winning for me is a
deeper understanding of things. And sometimes thats found on the other
side of the fence from where I started.

I am seeking understanding and new insights. Quite so. None of my
views are laid in cement. And my identity is not at all tied to my
views or their "correctness". I change my views regularly when I get
new information or conceptual models.

> And before anybody accuses me of copping out, yes,
> that's precisely what I'm doing.  The fact that it's
> a battle that still needs to be fought depresses
> rather than inspires me.  I just can't summon up
> the energy.
>
> Maybe some other time.

Ok. I look forward to it.