> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:

> > > Oedipus put his eyes out because he realized he had
> > > married his own mother.

> > > The fox said the grapes were sour because he was
> > > pissed off that he couldn't reach them.

> > > King Midas died of starvation because he had
> > > prayed for the power to turn everything he touched
> > > to gold.

> > > And then there are the utterly hopeless nitwits
> > > like Barry who can't tell the difference between
> > > someone citing a myth to make a point about what
> > > it teaches, and insisting the myth really happened.
> > >
> > > (This is especially likely to be a source of
> > > confusion when the hopeless nitwit has a desperate
> > > need, like Barry, to put somebody down to make
> > > himself feel More Important. Sometimes these
> > > nitwits are so driven they hallucinate that
> > > *EVERYBODY* is insisting the myth really
> > > happened even when *nobody* is.)

> > > Actually, I don't believe the Adam and Eve myth
> > > had anything to do with homosexuality. At least,
> > > not the one in the Bible that John is referring
> > > to. And the "as if" is in Barry's mind, not in
> > > John's, as is the hatred. That's where the
> > > accusations of bigotry and homophobia come from.
> > >

> > Judy,
> >
> > Excellent observation.  You picked my point precisely.
> > One person here on the forum doesn't seem to get it.
>
> I think Barry must have had a harrowing work week and
> needs to scream at folks here so he doesn't end up
> screaming at his boss.
>
> I do disagree with you about Liberace, however, in that
> for him, choosing not to have gay sex would have very
> likely been the equivalent of choosing to have *no* sex.
> I do not believe, if there is a God, that God would ask
> that of homosexuals; nor do I believe that's what the
> biblical verses interpreted to mean homosexual behavior
> is a sin actually mean.

Judy,

I did not intend to make a judgement on Liberace's sexual persuasion.  My point
was that he took a chance to engage in gay sex.  It just so happened that he
was exposing himself to a risky behavior which resulted in his acquiring AIDs.

I will let the preachers and gurus judge as to the morality of gay sexual
activity.  However, one can say that some people have a natural predisposition
for liking people of the same gender.  But they don't necessarily have to have
gay sex to satisfy their desire.