--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, obbajeeba <no_reply@...> wrote:

> If I had known about a "no Saints" policy before learning TM, honestly, that
> type of control would have steered me far away from learning TM, absolutely.

That's nothing, if I'd seen a tape of Marshy before learning
I wouldn't have bothered.

There is a reason they keep stuff like this back, they don't
want to scare people off. At the academy I worked at they had
special weekend courses for newbies with normal food and easy
going tapes with no chanting etc. The whole thing was designed
to get you into the belief system bit by bit.

> Hindsight, when I was innocent to some of these ridicules requirements, such
> as that, I would appreciated hearing from others what is going to be
> "expected," of one to use and do a "stress reduction," technique, and pay for
> it on top of that!
>
> Nothing is wrong with teaching and sharing and a fair exchange of goods for
> services.
> It is all the stupid requirements that make it look like a cult.

It *is* a cult.