--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Nabby, you've inadvertently answered a long held question
> > of mine: could I get Win7 on a new computer?
>
> This is how Microsoft use their muscles in Europe, I don't know
> about across the water where they developed this nonsense. Even here
> you could get WIN7 on a new PC if you buy an outgoing model.

With laptops, you're usually dealing with a big company that's strongly tied
into MSFT. With specialty vendors of desktop systems, you're more likely to
find flexibility in choice in OS. The company I buy my desktop systems from,

http://www.endpcnoise.com/

is still offering Win 7, along with Win 8, Linux, or no OS.

If you want to go to the trouble and expense, you might be able to buy a copy
of Win 7, wipe your hard drive, and install Win 7 on your new laptop. However,
laptops tend to have proprietary hardware, and there's the possibility that it
needs drivers that are only available under Win 8.