"From the little I know of Rory he seems a sweet and gentle soul. And he
doesn't deserve to be abused."

Rory was abused - by whom, when, where, how?

Dear Ann - I seriously hope you are not referring to me. I was rude and
harsh - on purpose, because the nature of religious delusional beliefs are
such, they are very deep rooted, people have so much emotional,
psychological investment in it and I cannot leave them unchallenged. I am
known to be abusive, but not in this case since as you say Rory is a sweet
and gentle soul. But there weren't but sweet and gentle souls around Amma
and many on this list as well and I had to be harsh and rude. Of course I
am not rude and harsh to everyone - if it's a friend I'm still going to
challenge gently and firmly  (of course I don't call their beliefs
delusional but in my mind I do) and I have challenged however hard and
uncomfortable it is to me. Trust me I don't particularly enjoy it. In this
case Rory is not particularly a close friend and I preferred to chose the
rude, harsh way.

The only person I have given a free pass is a 64 year old Jewish gentleman
named David around Amma, I met him after my mystical experiences in 2009 -
I very much got attracted to David-ji. I consider him as a father figure
and he was in charge of cleaning Amma's temple and I helped him and used to
obey him unconditionally, first time in my life following the orders of a
man in my personal life. So he may talk about Amma as Divine Mother and I
give it as pass though I may address it in a roundabout way. I told him I
attacked Amma online and he just laughed because he knows me and has seen
me as the mad, crazy yogi, an iconoclast who challenges people, mocks
people beliefs, push people's buttons. This challenge comes up even as I
deal with family members - my dharma, responsibility to love, support them
as a son, as a brother, relative vs my need to challenge people's
delusional beliefs - it's not easy, I have to assess moment to moment.

So there I hope this explains that somehow. Even if you were to come
tomorrow come up with a narrative for spiritual experiences, a philosophy I
will challenge it Ann even though I like you very much, but obviously
gently and firmly. Same applies to any other friend of mine, I am not going
to let any religious delusional belief go unchallenged.