Here's one you might find of interest, Seraphita, albeit not an easy read:
Julian of Norwich, Theologian, by Denys Turner. (Julian is best known for the
famous quote "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing
shall be well." But Turner has some startling insights into her theology that
go way beyond the traditional take on her work.)

 Seraphita wrote:

For those interested in the Christian faith can I recommend two books by Alan
Watts. He made a name for himself with his books on Zen and eastern religions.
Those books are all readable and rewarding - if approached with caution - but
I've found his earlier works on Christianity both better written and more
suggestive.

 "Myth and Ritual In Christianity" (only available second-hand) approached
Christianity by ignoring completely its truth or falsity and treating the
sacraments purely as myth. "Behold the Spirit" is one of the best books that
Watts wrote (it's my personal favourite), a wonderfully perceptive account of
the mystical strain in Christianity.

 Pity he was a (genuine) sex addict and a serious alcoholic. The two vices are
linked as he said he only felt sexy when he was drunk. And he knew even less
about meditation than I do! Still, his faults were his problem; we can enjoy
his insights.