On 12/27/2013 10:41 PM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com wrote:
Is there really much difference between 150 posts a week and 250? I'm not sure that there is. But if you want to keep score, I would bet that more of Richard's posts deal with original content than what we are seeing from you. Just say'n.
It only takes me about two or three minutes to read all the daily messages posted to FFL. I get mine in email using Thunderbird, so they come in sequentially for easy reading when I check my other mail. If you're like Barry and read in Message View, it takes only about ten seconds. There's hardly anything, anywhere to read about what TMers are doing these days and the comings and goings of TMers.

I've posted over 10,000 messages to news forums in the past fourteen years, and about half are on-topic messages. I've been reading news groups since 1996 - alt.meditation.transcendental, alt.yoga. alt.meditation. alt.casteneda.dreams, alt.tantra, and alt.buddha.short.fat.guy. And, I read at least three newspapers every day - we like to keep up with current events. Information junkies are voracious readers and it's almost impossible to provide enough for them to read on a single news forum like FFL. Go figure.

And we read a book or three every week. We are only about two blocks from a public library where we can get books through the inter-library loan system. And, I watch some TV too - news and Hulu and Netflix. Every Saturday night we have friends over to talk about stuff and listen to music on our awesome Yamaha sound system with the Infinity floor-standing speakers - rock, folk, jazz, classical or world music. We really enjoy YouTube with the Google Chromecast on the big screen in the living room.