>  Barry Wrote:
> But then AIDS came along. And suddenly the old fears came with them.
And the world changed again, but this time in a more restrictive, more
fearful direction.

---  <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

>  I think much of the fear around AIDS has faded away and I think a lot
of this has to do with the passage of time, the fact that there exist
more effective HIV drugs and because many "straight" people still think
of it as a gay disease. I think the "gay disease" opinion is the result
of not only ignorance but of  a 'holier-than-thou' attitude that these
people think will somehow keep them safe from contracting the HIV virus.
My observationis that the average person under the age of 30 really
doesn't think about AIDS as a real threat to them.

In the 1920's, a french scientist Serge Voronoff believed
that chimps were more virile and started taking tissue
strips from chimp testes and grafted them onto the testes of
men.

Some scientists say that this might have been the route HIV
took to enter into humans.

http://www.coastalpost.com/99/6/9.htm
<http://www.coastalpost.com/99/6/9.htm>

This world is simply unpredictable and there is no telling
what unintended consequences might be.