 On 6/18/2014 12:54 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<jr_esq@...> mailto:jr_esq@... wrote :

 Many of the popular physics writers, like Hawking and Krauss, don't believe in
including consciousness in their cosmological theories.  If they did, they'd
realize that their assumptions about the beginning of the universe to be
illogical and wrong.

 Um, why?

 Apples and oranges. Both fruits. Both grow on trees. Both evolved just like
conciousness did.

 Why would they include consciousness in cosmological theories and why would it
be illogical?

 Because scientists like Hawking and Krauss study physical cosmology.
Consciousness is a theory found in religious or spiritual cosmology.
Consciousness is the means by which we experience the world. Consciousness
evolved. Look back through time and you'll see simpler and simpler things with
consciousness of an obviously simpler type.
  Physical cosmology has to do with the dynamics of large scale structures,
such as the origin of the universe. Most scientist believe the universe started
according to the big bang theory, which doesn't take into account human
consciousness.
 > The big bang theory doesn't need to. All it needs to do is provide the raw
 > material for more complex things to evolve later.

 Or are you saying it's impossible for Deepak's money to be claimed for some
spiritual reason?

 There is no evidence in physical cosmology that would indicate human
consciousness as more than a theory.  You think the fact you can see and hear
the world is only a theory? It's the only thing I'm certain of.
 In South Asian spiritual cosmology, human consciousness is postulated to be
the only reality, the origin of the universe - the physical universe is just a
mental appearance.

Yes, I know. Bizarre isn't it? I can see why people like it though. I always
found it rather depressing myself as it answers nothing and it obviates the
need to learn anything, except south asian spiritual texts....

<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote :

 Worth a read. Woomeister Chopra challenges science to explain consciousness
with a Randi style prize. The money suggests he feels confident that there is
no scientific solution to the hard problem of consciousness- in the same way
that James Randi feels confident there is no paranormal.

 The trouble for Chopra is that, while no one has managed to demonstrate even a
tiny morsel of magical powers, we know quite a lot about consciousness already.

 Here's hoping for a swift solution to the hard problem as he's one bullshit
artist I'd like to see with some egg on his face. And a million bucks would be
a lot of egg.....

 Deepak Chopra embarrasses himself by offering a million-dollar prize

 Deepak Chopra embarrasses himself by offering a million-... I realize now that
Chopra's affliction with Maru's Syndrome—the condition described by Dr. Maru as
"When I see a box, I cannot help but enter"—is ...

 View on whyevolutionistrue.wor...
 Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife]... salyavin808
      • [Fairf... salyavin808