A nonsensical challenge by Chopra, possibly deliberately - pitting apples
against oranges. Physics is still a branch of science, the verifiable path of
inquiry, based on our ability to capture and study phenomena, with
instrumentation. The instrumentation is the weak link, as consciousness can
never be captured, isolated and proven, with current devices (or any, past, or
future). Like the "goldfish in a bowl of water, cannot see the water", analogy,
consciousness is pervasive - I have no idea how it could possible be verified
with the scientific method, or calculated, via a set of formulas.

 Many of the popular physics writers, like Hawking and Krauss, don't believe in
including consciousness in their cosmological theories.  If they did, they'd
realize that their assumptions about the beginning of the universe to be
illogical and wrong.

 Um, why?

 Why would they include consciousness in cosmological theories and why would it
be illogical?

 Or are you saying it's impossible for Deepak's money to be claimed for some
spiritual reason?

 Worth a read. Woomeister Chopra challenges science to explain consciousness
with a Randi style prize. The money suggests he feels confident that there is
no scientific solution to the hard problem of consciousness- in the same way
that James Randi feels confident there is no paranormal.

 The trouble for Chopra is that, while no one has managed to demonstrate even a
tiny morsel of magical powers, we know quite a lot about consciousness already.

 Here's hoping for a swift solution to the hard problem as he's one bullshit
artist I'd like to see with some egg on his face. And a million bucks would be
a lot of egg.....

 Deepak Chopra embarrasses himself by offering a million-dollar prize
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/deepak-chopra-embarrasses-himself-by-offering-a-million-dollar-prize/

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/deepak-chopra-embarrasses-himself-by-offering-a-million-dollar-prize/

 Deepak Chopra embarrasses himself by offering a million-...
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/deepak-chopra-embarrasses-himself-by-offering-a-million-dollar-prize/
 I realize now that Chopra's affliction with Maru's Syndrome—the condition
described by Dr. Maru as "When I see a box, I cannot help but enter"—is ...

 View on whyevolutionistrue.wor...
http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/deepak-chopra-embarrasses-himself-by-offering-a-million-dollar-prize/
 Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife]... salyavin808