Thanks, Xeno, the bird example is helpful and percolating just below the
threshold of my conscious awareness. Will share if anything seemingly
worthwhile arises...

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:47 AM, "anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Share, anthropomorphism is the attribution of human characteristics or
behaviour to a god, animal, or object. So the world 'simpleton' is
anthropomorphic, but the terms 'simplicity' and 'complexity' would not seem to
be, even though these words are from human minds. The term 'creator' might be
considered anthropomorphic in that it mirrors our own creativity. It is only in
the environment of our human complexity that we come up with these terms, that
is, the idea of simplicity is almost as if we reduced the perception of the
complexity of our lives by concatenating the details in more inclusive general
categories based on similarities. For example the word bird covers both pigeons
and seagulls etc., but that does not mean the word 'bird' anthropomorphic, it
is just a category name. If we call a pigeon 'Sam' and say it experiences love
and hate, then we are anthropomorphising, projecting our experienced
characteristics onto it.

Xeno, I think the conundrum is that as soon as we use human language, such as
ultimate simpleton, simplicity and complexity, we are anthropomorphizing
whatever we are talking about.

The scientists say that matter is mostly empty space. But what's in that empty
space? Simplicity? Complexity? Both?

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:10 AM, "anartaxius@... [FairfieldLife]"