I put a camera in back overlooking the patio and this little guest showed up last night (hope the pic shows up):

On 10/11/2014 07:58 PM, fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
[Attachment(s) <#TopText> from fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] included below]

Has a biblical ring to it, huh?... My wife found the snake (western diamondback?) on the patio, next to the house, this evening. I hosed him off, into nearby shrubs. I'd rather make it really uncomfortable, so he doesn't come back, vs. killing him, and getting that whole cycle going... it is a lost cause to have an antagonistic relationship with the animals here, but I have no problem establishing my boundaries. You can see two or three rattles in the picture, he's about a foot long -