--In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 You continue to avoid jr's question, due to weak reasoning. Obviously none of
us were around even a hundred years ago. Nonetheless, your argument that you
don't know cause you weren't there (as time and space were getting their act
together), is not a very good one.

M: That was not my point at all.

 F:Using this weak logic, one could then claim, that because we are not yet
familiar with the quantum mechanics involved, when a zygote is produced, that
the creation of a human being, is also random. One could always hide behind the
limitations of science, and claim thus and such, is meaningless, and has no
inherent cause to exist, simply because science has not anointed it with some
sort of temporary explanation.

M: Are you really so dim that you miss the point that it can be imagined
otherwise, I don't need an example (although I did provide one physicists use)
to show that this is an unwarranted assumption.

 F: So, no go, on the "I can't come up with an example, because I was not
there".

M: None of us are functioning at that level of creation so our intuition about
what "must" be is worthless. Turns out quantum events begin with now cause. But
the burden of proof is not on me to come up with an example of a contradiction,
even though I did. The burden is on the guy pretending this is an irreducible
irrefutable first principle. No one has made a case for that because there is
no case for that. It is the kind of unfounded assertions that are your stock
and trade.

F: You simply do not have the consciousness at this time, to apprehend God, the
experience of which is more the natural result of an unencumbered nervous
system, than pie in the sky belief, or even faith.

M: Your "unencumbered" nervous system is producing very cloudy thinking. All
you have is bluff and bluster and that isn't working for you is it? You have
demonstrated a very poor understanding of the conversation and don't know
anything about syllogisms and how they are used in philosophy.  Neither does
John. You should just discuss amongst yourselves.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote :

 Xeno,

 I have asked Curtis about his support or evidence for disagreeing with the
statements in the Kalam Cosmological Argument.

M: My "evidence" was to point out that the assumption is not necessarily so,
especially at the scales of the beginning of creation. You then asked me give
an example of something that does not have a cause,which is absurd because I am
only familiar with biological processes at my own sensory scale. I have no idea
what the rules are before space and time are relevant. Some physicists who do
think about these scales believe that quantum processes begin to exist but have
no cause. So my point is that it is not necessarily so and cannot be used as a
first irrefutable part of a syllogism stands as a refutation to the conclusion
because of flawed premises.

 J: But he just gave me a lot of song and dance about his opinions without
providing the evidence for his arguments.

M: Right, you didn't understand my point so I was doing a "song and dance."
Very intellectual of you.
You don't even seem to understand the use of syllogisms or how they are
constructed to preserve rater than generate truth. So why don't you just say
you believe in God because you believe in God. It saves a lot of song and dance
of flawed syllogisms.

 Can you give us a solid argument with evidence and support why the statements
in the KCA have a flaw?

 Let's take the KCA which states:

 Everything that begins to exist has a cause; The universe began to exist;
Therefore: The universe has a cause. Do you agree with statement 1 or not?  If
not, please give us your reasons for disagreeing.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Logical arguments about ultimates always contain a flaw. You can reverse the
form of the argument to support atheism and if you do not see the flaw, it will
seem equally valid, that is, that atheism is true. Now there are some atheists
who definitely believe there is no god and they can be as fanatical as a
fundamentalist religionist. Probably they would have no sense of humour about
their condition. But a real atheist simply lacks a particular kind of belief
because that belief seems neither reasonable or likely. They basically just do
not care. Barry is just testing memes to see what happens when they are
activated. We all have memes which are basically little snippets of mental
routines our minds use. We trade them with each other, but for the most part
these mental stances are just our opinions about the world around us and we
tend to be be rather uncritical as to how well they really represent what is
real, while at the same time taking them as reality itself.

 Take the TMO memes. On FFL, meditators and former meditators all at one time
believed certain things about experience were at least possible, for example,
that if you practice TM, which is not a religion, you will find God. The TMO
memes specify that we are in a state of ignorance, not knowing the nature of
reality. But were we actually in the state of ignorance, we would not have the
capability to correctly evaluate what we were told because we would be using
delusional thinking to evaluate ideas such as transcendence, states of
consciousness and so forth, so our following this system of thought about
reality would essentially be an act of insanity, that is, mental illness. The
system defines us as in some way incapacitated in knowing what is real, and
then expects us to just jump in, and accept what the system says is real.

 A discussion of the Kalam argument:

 Cosmological Kalamity
http://infidels.org/library/modern/dan_barker/kalamity.html

 Cosmological Kalamity
http://infidels.org/library/modern/dan_barker/kalamity.html Home » Library »
everything, who made God?" my daughter Kristi asked me, when she was five years
old.

 View on infidels.org
http://infidels.org/library/modern/dan_barker/kalamity.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 Barry,

 Have you ever thought that atheism is also a belief-- and an unreasonable one
at that?  The Kalam Cosmological Argument should dispel any of your doubts.

    • [Fairfield... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]