---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I think you are on the right track Ann. Particularly nettle-some in a
discussion of ultimate origins is time. In current cosmology, time-space did
not exist prior to the universe, therefore there was no time before the
universe's beginning and it is meaningless to speak of events or anything as
'having been before'. It is really difficult to wrap the mind around a
situation like this because it makes no sense in terms of common experience.
Maybe it will never make sense.

 Semantics are important in fashioning an argument, but it is difficult to do
this if the basic ideas are really beyond our ability to conceptualise. You
have already demonstrated here that you have a clearer grasp of this discussion
than jr-esq, though you do not strike me as a philosopher.

 Arguments in the absence of evidence are difficult. This happens in science
sometimes, but there are usually good reasons to suppose something in this way.
Tell you what, I will sell you my silver-white unicorn for $320,000 Canadian.
Payment before delivery. We all know that unicorns exist because we can think
and imagine what they look like. They prefer halters by the way, if you want to
ride.

 Thank you for your offer. At the current rate of exchange that is about 11
cents on the dollar so I would be doing quite well (you would be losing about
33K on this deal as you are in the US). If I did need a unicorn I would take
you up on it and I don't think I'd need to ride it, they are just great enough
standing there naked but thank you for the halter tip; I do believe they might
take umbrage at a bit in their mouth.

    • [Fairfield... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]