 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2014 9:46 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Maharishi's declining brain functioning

Pardon my common sense, but all of this spinning, based on a few moments of
videotape, strikes me as unscientific in the extreme. A bit of mental midgetry,
imo. Might as well be speculating on the motives of Kim Kardashian, for all any
of us knew of Maharishi during his last days.

I agree with you. Like I said, I have not watched a tape of MMY, other than
that cherry picked few moments by the Australian interviewer and documentary
maker, since my days at MIU so that would have been 35+ years ago.

In that case, why do you agree with Jim? I saw Marshy deteriorate over a ten
year period because I lived in an academy and they had the Marshy channel on
24/7. This aint no spinning.

I'm probably the best informed person here, it was excrutiating to watch and if
they really cared about him they would have pulled the plug on his TV
appearances long before the end. That's my Ha'porth.

 I know that I have been influenced by what others here described as his mental
infirmities and I have read their accounts of their own subjective observations
of later tapes but have not gone to actually see them myself. However, the
question still stands for me: Does enlightenment preclude the possibility of
mental decay or even senility and the onset of Alzheimers? Not having been
around elderly enlightened people I have no idea.

Clearly, enlightenment isn't all it's cracked up to be in possibly every
respect you can think of. It's a bit embarrassing that we all thought it was.
The denial you hear comes from TBs who still hold it as the ultimate panacea
they have been striving for their entire lives. Perfect health, infinite
wisdom, eternal bliss etc and they got it all from the reesh, and then he turns
out to be merely human after all. Like Guru Dev before him, and everyone else
on Earth before and since. That's life.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: M... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLi... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]