> > There's a lot of misinformation being bandied about in the
> > discussion of this situation here on FFLife.
> <Snip>
> > Without making any judgments about either side, here are
> > the facts:
> <Big Snip>
>
> - Basically, he (Mike) seems like a guy stuck in the past,
> (Hmmm...
> sounds like a judgement to me.)
> - living a bit of a self-delusion. (Oops, there's another one.)
> - he seems to have lost connection with today's TM Movement (Hey,
> this is a GOOD THING!)
> - and isn't really producing much real TM activity or TM teaching.
> (Hmmm... and the TMO is?)
> - seems way out of touch with reality (Seriously, who's way out of
> touch with reality in this scenario?)
> - Mike seems to be a loner; he could hardly get 4 other people to
> flying sessions (and most weren't teachers)  (Well now, there's a
> slap in the face to all the citizen Sidha's down there in Florida.)
> - And where are his "thousands of students"? (Hmmmm... and where
> are the TMO's?)
>
> Why is MDG so afraid and intimidated by this "self delusioned
> guy who is stuck in his past" that he finds it necessary to
> spend HOURS bolstering his ego writing this endless dribble?
>
> Personally, I'm rooting for Mike.

I think it's a moot point. As Irmeli and others have
pointed out, all that the TM lawyers can do *is*
threaten. They're terrified to have this actually
come to court, because they could *lose*, and thus
lose their precious monopoly.

Interestingly, I used to know Mike Scozzari. I gave
my first TM lectures after teacher training down in
Florida, and he was already there and already enthus-
iastic. Although I haven't seen him since, I'd be
willing to bet that (another value judgement here)
he's simply more committed to the original idea of
TM than to the reality of TM as practiced and taught
by the modern TM organization. The "idea of TM" was
to make a simple, easily-learned technique of
meditation available to anyone who was interested,
at a reasonable cost. The "reality of TM" is that
it's the new "gateway drug" to involvement in a
cult, and is priced in the same neighborhood as
cocaine. I think Mike's approach is a good one;
you can tell *how* good by the extent to which
the new drug pushers of the TMO react to it and
the extent to which they attempt to demonize some-
one who still believes in ideals that they have
sadly forgotten.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM