--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> > And two, it is a healthy thing to do in speaking about it
> [enlightenment]  as if it is just another experience. Because it
> is...just...another...experience.
>
> And yet so many disagree that it is an experience (if that implies
an
> experiencer) and so many disagree that it is not special.

I am trying hard to stay away from the 'specialness' of it, because
I think that causes a lot of confusion in a seeker's mind about what
it is, and the (im)possiblity of attainment. It certainly did for me.

> So many distinct views of enlightenemnt, it makes on pause for a
> moment to wonder if maybe some are speaking of different things.

Yes, the enlightened speak about enlightenment. The almost
enlightened imagine enlightenment, colored by their almost
enlightenment.

> Its such a joy that in this age of enlightenment everyone seems
free
> and joyous to define enlightenment any way they think is "neat" and
> then claim it. Sort of like drawing circles, a target, around an
arrow
> you already shot. On the broadside of the barn. While the fat lady
> sings. Its such a joy.

Does sarcasm really assist this discussion?

> Cake anyone?

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM