--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi - I know of only the one brother. But I am concerned about the
> contention that there is a 'tradition' in India of not talking
> about saints - a bizarre claim.

I don't believe anybody made that claim.  The claim
was that there is a tradition in India of not talking
about saints' *lives*, i.e., their day-to-day doings,
especially before they became saints--the point being
that their importance does not lie in the details of
their mundane lives.

Odd that you've never run across it, because I have, in
a number of non-TM contexts.  Of course, that there is
such a tradition doesn't mean it's always going to be
honored, particularly in the case of *departed* saints.

It seems to be more of a matter of keeping followers
from obsessing over the unimportant details of the
master's relative existence; although naturally, as you
have been at some pains to remind us, it *could* be used
to focus attention away from embarrassments of one sort
or another.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM