--- Vaj wrote:

> conditioned wrong Views are spouted as if they are
> correct. Because they believe--without critical decision making and
> self-experimentation.

One thing that keeps me enthusiastic about TM
is the close correlation between Maharishi's
descriptions and my experiences. A simple example
is "unbounded awareness." For years I interpreted
that phrase as seeing for miles. Honestly, I was that
clueless. With the siddhis I finally got it. My experience
ultimately confirmed the teaching.

I used to have some flavors the the siddhis, which
reinforced *that* teaching. I've also noticed different
results from reading or listening to the 9th and 10th
mandalas of Rig Veda, which made sense out of that
part of the program. (Ninth cultivated a feeling of
smoothness; tenth firmed it up, like the fixer in
photographic printing.)

Maharishi used to be pretty good about saying,
"Don't take my word for it. Look at your experiences."
I took him at his word, and felt I was adequately critical.
And he came out validated.

It's only with Maharishi's political and organizational
policies that I noticed the disconnects between what
he says and what happens.

So Vaj, I don't quite see your implied criticism, above,
of Maharishi's distorted View. That's one thing.
Perhaps you'll share examples of your experiences
disagreeing with MMY's View.

The other thing is -- and this is the more cogent
point -- I believe we manifest *whatever* we believe.
If you believe space aliens are pulling our strings,
you'll find plenty of evidence everywhere you look.
Are you a conspiracy fantatic? No lack of evidence
there, no matter whom you believe is doign the
conspiring. Do you base your worldview on Biblical
prophesy, as my friend the Jehovah's Witness does?
Well heck -- all the evidence you need is right there
in the Bible and in the pages of newspapers.

I suspect this close correlation between view and
evidence comes from this world being a creation of
humans, not of God. (Or that humans have divine
creative power, which is another teaching of MMY's,
by the way.)

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM