Yifuxero,

 I've read MMY's commentary to the B Gita several times over the years.   And
I've always found something insightful about TM and its relationship to the
Gita.  His commentary gives a first hand account of how to understand the the
meditation experience as to what is transcendental conscious and when one has
reached cosmic consciousness or God consciousness..  These terms are specific
and are unique to the TM method.  But the other meditation techniques probably
have the same levels of consciousness but are labelled with different names.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote :

 Thx Jr_esq for your comment below:

 "MMY was saying that the TM practice can lead one to cosmic consciousness and
enlightenment.  Thus, one is freed from the bondage of actions and Karma in
this lifetime.  As such, it is possible to be detached or maintain Self
consciousness permanently while engaging in actions while living here on earth.
MMY coined the phrase, "heaven on earth."

 Right, that's MMY's opinion, but there are differences in some other
Traditions.
 Also, the notion that Enlightened people are free from the bondage of karma,
this may not be true.  The Self is already free from karma no matter what
state, but we are talking about the relative body and subtle body.
 How about the cases of notorious Enlightened (probably) Gurus who  abuse women
and are obviously greedy?  Are they free?  I dount it!

 Some example of different opinions in other Traditions:
 1. In the Sant Mat Tradition, people are not free of karma until they are able
to travel out of the body at will, including at the time of death.

 2. In the Kriya Yoga Tradition,, freedom from the clutches of karma requires
to signs of development::
 First, Enlightenment, and Second, being able to travel out of the  body at the
time of death, (willfully and at the time of one's choosing)).  This grants the
candidate entry into the Higher astral plane, Hiranyaloka, which is occupied by
many types of Beings, but also those Enlightened people who have not fully
worked out their karma.  But again, this is only for the advanced Enlightened
people who can travel out of their bodies willfully at the time of death.
Then, after staying in Hiranyaloka for a time and being instructed by Advanced
Teachers such as Sri Yukteswar, only then are they able to access the Causal
plane.
 All of this is discussed in the article "The Resurrection of Sri Yukteswar",
(enter that into Google).  It's a Chapter in Yogananda's Autobiography of a
Yogi.

 SHALOM
 ."