> On Jan 9, 2006, at 10:40 AM, a_non_moose_ff wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> But if there is attachment to an end result ("one Big thing") that is
> >> not karma-yoga, it's karmic attachment. Simply placing them in an
> >> unending chain does not remove this basic fact.
> >>

> > Thats nice, but it has little with what I outlined.  You are
> > misunderstanding or mischaracerizing the process I have outlined. It
> > is a process of two parts: the intense focus on a project outside of
> > oneself, which takes attention off, and attenuates other desires, and
> > then a rapid shift of attention off the core project onto another.
>
> Either way I do not see this as beneficial. I assumed you were joking
> around. It's also a known fact that people who are given jobs where
> unpredictability is the rule are more subject to stress-related
> diseases.

Thats fine. I cannot prove, provide studies, that show it is
effective. You may feel it is not, I may feel it is.

The second dimension of the discussion is whether MMY uses such a
technique on the inner circle, and larger circles to a lesser degree,
and that this provides a quite rational explanation for what many view
as "bizzare" behavior. You may feel it does not, I feel it does. No
studies or sworn depositions by MMY to prove the point, so reasonable
people may disagree. Or I may have observed thngs that you have not,
which shapes my opinion.

A third dimension is my claim that I have experienced benefit from the
above, (outer circles) and from parallel phenomenon when something in
which I have had massive vassanic investment, was lost. You may claim
I recieved no benefit from such. In such a case, I would state you
have no basis for such a position.