On Jan 9, 2006, at 11:35 AM, a_non_moose_ff wrote:

The second dimension of the discussion is whether MMY uses such a

technique on the inner circle, and larger circles to a lesser degree,

and that this provides a quite rational explanation for what many view

as "bizzare" behavior. You may feel it does not, I feel it does.

This has also been Dr. Pete's observation as well. Why do you feel it does?

It is also similar in some ways to the chapter in Steve Brigg's book (which I believe Rick had posted a while back) where M. deliberately tries to test him, or so he claims. He fails the test because he has not surrendered to everything his guru utters.

I was left wondering if this is the similar style of testing used by dictators and the like.