> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Can you provide any data, or any statistical analysis, or cites to
> > such, to support your opinion that a) there were statistically
> > anomolous (that is, sigma 4-5 events, using 90-360 day series)
> > trades in airline, oil or gold  stocks or options, in the week(s)
> > prior to 9/11?
>
> It isn't my "opinion" that there were trading anomalies;
> it's a matter of public record.

No. Its a public record that there were speculations about and
investigations into such. Nothing conclusive was presented. No
definitive "anomoly" was cited as being a statistically significant event.

> I provided cites to
> news reports on what they were.

None of which provided:
     1)any definition of a "stock trading anomoly" (For example, was
it simply a 5x daily averge trade, or a trade 5 stndard deviations
from a 3-12 month trading volume average.The latter is meaningful, the
former is not),
     2) what specific trades were in question -- specific securites or
options, dates, times, volumes (I have access to the tick by tick
trading data for most securities, I  would like to view the trades in
question in the context of the overall longer run trading volume of
the security).

> If you disagree with
> the newspaper reports, it's up to you to prove they
> were wrong (and that the financial institutions all
> over the world that were the source of the newspaper
> reports were wrong).

I don't think the articles you cited were wrong. They reported
speculations about and investigations into possible anomolies. That is
certainly true. There were speculations about and investigations into
possible anomolies.

What was not reported was any definitive "anomoly" being found as a
statistically significant event.

When you provide such articles, pointing to specific stocks or
options, their volumes, days and time of traade, I will look at it in
the context of the longer run trading volume and prices and state my
opinion, with statistically based reasoning as to if and how rare an
event such was.

Until then, I am to the possibility that there was trading based on
advanced knowledge of the attacks. But I remain unimpressed with such
claims based solely on "there were 5x trades" or "there was an
investigation into such with no known conclusion".