--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The trading anomolies were in the options trading of the 2 airlines
> involved in 9/11 hijackings.  The data is easily available - I do
> options trading for a living.  I compared the options trading in the
> relevant airlines the prior week to 9/11 to the prior year and it was
> clearly statistically significant, no doubt about it, and it was all
> predicting a downward movement, ie, purchase of put options.

AMR and United? What about Boeing?
Do you recall which specific put contracts did you look at?
Do you recall which days and times of the trades?

> The government panel investigating 9/11 look at this issue and came up
> with some reasons for the unusual trading - it being unusual wasn't
> questioned.  They didn't give enough info on the source documents for
> me to find them and do my own analysis,

Did they cite which put contracts? on which days?
Did they look at just AMR and United? or gold, oil etc as some
articles cited as having possible anomolies?

>but their reasons seemed weak,
> for example they referred to an options newsletter that went bearish
> on airlines that week, which would be relevant if all airlines saw
> bearish trading, but only the 2 involved in 9/11 showed bearish
> trading.  There were some other weakass explanations as well.

Picking the two major US carriers doesn't seem highly unreasonable for
someone following the  predictions of the newsletter. Proxies for the
industry.