> On Apr 17, 2006, at 8:52 AM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> > > Gives me another bumper-sticker idea:
> > >
> > > "I'd Rather Be Unstressing"
> > >

> > So where is the mention of witnessing sleep in all of this?
Wallace
> > (the Samatha researcher) doesn't mention it that I saw.
>
> No he doesn't, although the techniques of witnessing are commonly
> applied nightly by practitioners of this tradition. He does teach
how
> to do it.

<snip>

Hi Vaj- There seems to be a disconnect between what you are more or
less continuously proposing through your postings here, that TM and
other McMeditation techniques are basically not adhering to a pure
[Buddhist] tradition, and therefore causing problems among the
practitioners, and/or disallowing them from reaching deeper levels
of experience.

Aside from blatantly stating that TM produces undesirable side
effects in a majority of those that practice it, which I haven't
heard you say, it appears that your aims of meditation may be
different than for some of those that practice TM.

In my case, TM was always 'sold' as a practice to enhance daily
life, and not as a practice in which the focus was the practice
itself. The reason I mention this is when I read many of your
postings about the experience of stillness and no thought, etc. I
find it interesting, but from a practical point of view, or as a
goal of achievement, it doesn't interest me at all.

I am not that interested in my meditation experience. I do it, then
I forget about it until it is time to meditate again. Analysis of my
meditation experience is not part of my practice.

Has my experience deepened over time? Yes. Has silence infused my
daily activity? Yes. Have I gained the ability to sit without
thoughts for as long as I choose to? Yes. Do I experience lucid
dreaming? Yes. Do I have good posture? Yes.

So it appears that you are regularly propounding a set of techniques
that when practiced, achieve the same results as regular practice of
TM, and TM Sidhis.

The conclusion I reach is that whether we take a bus, or a scooter
or an ox cart, Buddhist meditation techniques, TM, the destination
with all of its associated results, remains the same.