Anything in those texts about sustainable energy
sources we might adopt to replace our oil- and
coal-based systems?

---------

An aside regarding peaceful uses of aircraft: early
in the 20th Century, one Alberto Santos-Dumont
dreamed of how world leaders would be able to
avoid war by hopping on planes and conferring
with one another when crises were brewing. Indeed,
in the weeks leading up to the First World War,
England's King George V and his cousin, Kaiser
Wilhelm II, exchanged letters in hopes of averting
war, but to no avail. Perhaps they would have
succeeded had they flown to a meeting place. It
was not to be, however, and the devastation began.
In 1932, before hanging himself, Santos-Dumont
cited his depression over airplanes being used
to kill.