--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "vajradhatu108"

FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
> <tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlist@> wrote:
> >
> > TorguoiseB writes: snipped
> > I sat there trying to not have as much fun with the
> > day as I knew I was capable of having, and then I
> > caught myself doing it.  The moment I did, I was
> > able to laugh at myself. And through my laughter,
> > I found my body saying "Yes."  Out loud.  Weirdest
> > damned thing.
> >
> > Everything changed. Background flipflopped into
> > foreground and the witnessing, a moment before
> > unnoticed, moved front and center and reasserted
> > its Self again.  And all it took was getting to
> > "Yes."
> >
> > I'm sure it'll pass...all things do...but it's
> > neat while it lasts. Life's cool sometimes, yes?
> >
> > Tom T:
> > Very astute observations. Reminds me of Patanjali Chapter 3
> > Vs 54: Knowledge born of the finest discrimination takes us to
the
> > farthest shore.
> > It is intuitive, omniscient and beyond all divisions of time and
space.
> > Vs 55: And when the translucent intellect is as pure as the Self,
> > there is Enlightenment.
> >
> > It is the Self knowing the Self but there is the working of the
> > intellect that makes the final and finest discrimination.
>
> Actually the above quote is about viveka-khyati --an important
experience and
> discrimination which can continue for quite a while, but alas is
not liberation--athough
> that is the next chapter (of the YS). It *is* often confused with
liberation. <snip>

Actually, your statement is a misunderstanding of the simultaneous
realities, of, on the one hand, our continuous experience of ever
expanding growth and knowledge, and on the other hand, the
unmistakable experience and truth of liberation.

Those that experience liberation know it to be what it is. I
particularly liked Alex's description of it as the end of war with
ourselves. Many, many other descriptions are out there, so it is
pointless for me to go any further describing such a state.

Those who experience liberation also know that as significant as the
state is, there is always further knowledge, further experience,
further integration occurring. I like to refer to the state of
liberation as one of finding vs. seeking, a description that implies
that there is infinitely more to know, once our liberation occurs.

So, to truly comprehend liberation, both realities must peacefully
exist in the mind at the same time, that of the silent unmoving
Goal, inner freedom, and that of continuously finding and
discovering more and more about our Selves.