on 5/20/06 12:40 AM, bob_brigante at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Yeah, but you don't actually want to do that, unless you've had
> too much
>> beer and are trying to impress Barry on one of his secret visits,
> while
>> there are people all over Fairfield who are afraid to do pretty
> normal
>> things for fear of getting excommunicated. For instance, I know
> one fellow
>> who loves English Country Dancing. There is a group here which
> does this. He
>> stopped going "because there are Amma people there." There are
> many other
>> examples, and new ones every day.
>>

> ************
>
> Obviously, with campus appearances by Donovan, an off the program
> TMer who only occasionally does TM and supports a foundation for
> Tibetan Buddhist meditation, giving concerts on campus and joining
> the board of directors of Lynch's foundation, and by Lonnie Gamble,
> whose wife appears topless on his Hawaii farm web site, not to
> mention Lynch's bizarre movies which did not stop him from being on
> MUM's board of directors, there is a change in MUM attempts to
> control the populace. If there is some lag time for the average
> person to realize this, that's understandable, but it's certainly
> ridiculous, given the above, that anybody reasonable would worry
> about attending a dancing group because Amma people are there.
> Sometimes they are after you, but sometimes people are just
> unnecesarily paranoid.

I think you're right. I doubt MUM would come down on the guy for going to
the dancing group. They would if it were affiliated with Amma, but it's not.
But it might be argued that the guy has gotten into such a weird mental
state because of the culture of fear under which he's been living all these
years.