> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:

<snip>> > I still found it to be basically a useful and
> > inspiring 'definition', very similar to what other realized
sages
> > have written about this state.

> I think the secret of why "sages" would propose a
> "definition" even while admitting that one cannot
> be given is pretty simple: they wish to be considered
> the "experts," the "authority" in such matters.

Could be true for someone with such an agenda, however I have come
to believe there is a simpler explanation.

Since it is the nature of the universe to continue to know itself
dynamically in manifold and infinite ways, any state that is
conscious of itself will express itself fully, whether it be a
realized sage, or a snail, or a can of Coke.

So the realized sage will attempt to express the inexpressible, not
out of some selfish desire, but purely as a component of nature. The
only difference between this and a can of Coke expressing itself is
in the richness of the _expression_, due to the quality and quantity
of consciousness available. Nothing personal.