> The Rama guy, when I first ran into him, gave unmis-
> takably clear instructions about the importance of
> having one's own experiences. His instruction to us
> was, "If you are studying with me and go for longer
> than a month without having at least one spiritual
> experience that completely and totally changes your
> life and rocks your world, it's time to move on."

I should point out, given the nature of this thread,
that the above 'Ramasez' is the good kind, meant to
say, "This is what he said." It is not the bad kind,
meant to say, "This is true because he said it."  :-)

It *was* true, for a long time. And then the periods
between rock-your-world experiences lengthened past
his limit, to once every other month, and then once
a quarter. When they got to only once a year, I took
his earlier advice and moved on.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM