> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"

> > > I would suggest that there is a difference. You
> > > probably would never have seen the other disciples
> > > of Guru Dev obsessing about former fellow disciples
> > > who had moved on, and spending hours badrapping them.
> > > That's a Western addition to "guru yoga," and IMO
> > > it's not an improvement.
> >
> > So who here is a disciple of Gurudev?
>
> THAT is an example of the intentional desire to
> mislead and deflect discussions Vaj was talking
> about. No one on earth is stupid enough to have
> gotten "folks here are disciples of Guru Dev"
> from what I wrote.
>
> What I was criticizing was something you do with
> Chopra and that others do with SSRS and other
> notable former TMers who have moved on. You seem
> to obsess on them, and whenever their name comes
> up, trash them again, as if they'd done something
> WRONG by moving on, or by choosing to have a life.
>
> I was saying (and I think you *knew* what I was
> saying and were trying to deflect the discussion
> elsewhere)

Such as where?

If you think about it rationally for about a second
and a half, where could the discussion possibly have
gone on the basis of Lawson's question, other than,
"No, that isn't what I meant"?

> that I would be willing to bet that
> the disciples of Guru Dev never sunk this low
> when one of their fellow students chose to move
> on.

Actually, it was other disciples of Guru Dev--even
including Swaroopanand, the present shankaracharya
of Jyotir Math--who started and encouraged the rumors
about MMY having altered Guru Dev's will to promote
MMY's candidate to succeed Guru Dev, as well as the
rumor that MMY had poisoned Guru Dev.

I can't recall offhand any follower of MMY who
has sunk as low as that.

 It's not that human nature has changed in the
> time since; it's just that (based on what we've
> heard about Guru Dev) their lives were probably
> full enough and fulfilling enough that they
> didn't have either the time or the inclination
> to fill it by trashing someone by implying they
> were "unfaithful" to Guru Dev, or that they
> somehow did him wrong by moving on.

However, they weren't *quite* fulfilled enough to
refrain from trashing another disciple of Guru Dev
by accusing that disciple of having murdered him.

Speaking of implying a disciple had been "unfaithful"
to Guru Dev...

<snicker>