> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> > <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Personally, I have no need or desire for a guru or other
> > > savior figure. But, there certainly is a very long tradition
> > > of devotion to a guru, and it just struck me that being
> > > devoted to MMY or Punditji is no different than MMY being
> > > devoted to Guru Dev.
> >
> > I would suggest that there is a difference. You
> > probably would never have seen the other disciples
> > of Guru Dev obsessing about former fellow disciples
> > who had moved on, and spending hours badrapping them.
> > That's a Western addition to "guru yoga," and IMO
> > it's not an improvement.
> >

> So who here is a disciple of Gurudev?

I would've said me, but looked disciple up in the dictionary firstt,
and it refers to someone who spreads the doctrine of the one they
are a disciple of. Adherent comes closest to what I am in relation
to Guru Dev, Brahmananda Saraswati.

Definitions for adhere:

1 : to give support or maintain loyalty
2 : to hold fast or stick by or as if by gluing, suction, grasping,
or fusing
3 : to bind oneself to observance