--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ROFLMAO ! ! !
>
> This study, conducted by pro-SSRS people states that Ravi Shankar's
> technique is quote: "inferior to electroconvulsive therapy".
> It also was less effective than a pharmaceutical drug. No better than
> a placebo.
> http://www.aolresearch.org/pdf/Janakiramaiah%20et%20al%202000.pdf
>
> Next Dr. Pete will be saying that how do I know Electro-Convulsive
> therapy is no good if I haven't tried it, and that I shouldn't be so
> closed minded and go ahead and try it just because a bunch of loonies
> did.
>
> OffWorld

Not quite what the sudy concludes, quoting it, "Within the limitations
of the design (lack of double blind conditions), it can be concluded
that, although inferior to ECT, SKY > [Sudharshan Kriya Yoga] can be a
potential alternative to drugs in melancholia as a first line treatment."

But it would be rather fascinating to see which method would be more
effective for you (and the manifestation of your "issues"): SKY, ECT,
medication. Perhaps a "cocktail" -- all three will be required to get
an effective result. :)