> concluded
> > >
> > > Vaj claims he was a *TM teacher*, amazingly enough.
> > >

> > As long as you follow the teaching guidelines, you don't need
> > to "get" TM in order to teach it. THAT is MMY's contribution
> > to the world. Gurudev obviously "got" TM and imparted the
> > essential nature to many/all of his disciples, but MMY is the
> > one who mechanized the teaching for the masses.
>
> Well said.
>
> I think that what is meant here (and often on this
> forum) by "getting TM" is that the person who uses
> that phrase is upset that the person they're
> saying doesn't "get" TM doesn't buy into the dogma
> about it 1) being The Best, or 2) The Only. *That*
> is what threatens them in the critic (because they
> *do* buy into this dogma), so to somehow "protect"
> the cherished notion that TM is The Best, they try
> to portray the critic as having never understood
> "what TM is really about."
>
> It's a fairly sad ploy, no matter who uses it. Of
> course someone can understand everything about the
> way that TM has been described and presentd by
> Maharishi and, at the same time, not buy it, not
> believe that the description is accurate. But some
> people would like you to believe that this isn't
> true.
>
> TM is what it is. In my opinion it is a very valuable,
> easily-learned technique of basic meditation. But
> "The Best?" Give me a break? The very fact that its
> promoters claim this should give one pause. NO tech-
> nique or tradition is The Best; human beings are
> different, and respond to different approaches to
> self discovery differently, that's all. What may
> be suitable for one person, or even many, may NOT
> be suitable for others. The fact that the others
> who have moved on from TM prefer a technique that
> works better for them does not imply that they never
> "got" TM. That's just something that people who are
> threatened say to make themselves feel better for
> having settled for the first technique they ever
> tried.

There's some validity in what y ou say, but I *DO* know people who never "got"
TM or the
TM-Sidhis, even though they dilligently did their program in the Domes, took
all sorts of
classes, etc. How do I know this? They prioritized Yogic Flying before TM or
any other part
of their Sidhis practice. If they only had 10 minutes, they'd hop around for 5
minutes and
rest for 5, rather than do TM for 10. Eventually, they joined the Hare Krishna
movement
because it was "more authentic" or something.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/UlWolB/TM