Sorry, Sal....:) I thought I had included such a variety of BS that
readers would see it as a parody. I guess it is a measure of what we
have all seen that your first reaction was to take it seriously.
Like Rick, there is a snowball's chance in hell that I would be
accepted into the course unless I lied about myself.

> On Jul 30, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Rick Archer wrote:
>
> > on 7/30/06 12:06 PM, Sal Sunshine at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Um, I hate to tell Science this, but most of us are long since
past
> > the stage where empty flattery can get turned into $$.  What a
> > pathetic way to encourage "participation"--by hitting up your
> > friends--still.  Don't the "course leaders" who encourage this
ever
> > think of *new* ways to pick people's pockets?  I thought there
were
> > scholarships. Sadly, nothing ever seems to change with them.
> >
> >  Oh, and you're welcome. :)
> >
> > Sal
> >
> > I think Science's thing was a parody.
>
> Whew!  Thanks, Rick!  Guess I need to get my humor meter checked
or
> something.  I kind of wondered, as he has been a longtime
participant
> on here and, one would think, would know better. But actually it
turns
> out it's *me* who should know better. :)
>
> >  I've gotten several calls and emails from friends - one from
someone
> > I don't even know – encouraging me to apply for a dome badge.
They say
> > they're accepting "all kinds of people." Problem with me is, I
> > wouldn't tolerate one moment of inquisition, unless my
inquisitors are