Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Email I just sent to an old friend who's trying to get me in the dome.
on 8/4/06 9:17 AM, wayback71 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In my case, I heard rumors in the 70's and dismissed them.  But a few years later began to
wonder as more information appeared.  I pretty much decided to keep on with the Faith,
partly because I had so much invested already.  Now, I do think the rumors are tue, but I
still love MMY and his teachings and have benefitted so greatly from it all.  I can't really
judge his actions, although it makes me uncomfortable and I wouod prefer to have a
snowy white teacher. Not sure that is possible on earth and in Kali Yuga. The Universe
seems to contain much that I don't really understand, so I just continue what feels good
and right, and for now that includes TM, love for Guru Dev and respect for MMY, despite
the garbage. and as Dr. Pete suggested, I watch my wallet around the TMO.  Older and
wiser, I guess.

I can concur with most of that, although I no longer have the bond with MMY/GD that you seem to. I don’t feel I was deprived or betrayed. I think the reason I often dwell on the topic is that I like conundrums, and it’s a big one. It raises a lot of questions that are challenging to answer, if they can be answered. Also, I think it helps people take MMY with a grain of salt – to take what they need and leave the rest. There are people in FF who won’t go to the theater because it has a south entrance. (And that’s a shame because Al Gore’s movie starts there tonight.) It might be healthy for these people to become more independent in their thinking. __._,_.___