Gradually, everyone here seems to be remoulding their view of MMY to
conform with the whispered rumours, but personally I still doubt the
rumours that MMY ever got laid.
I suspect that had he got into sex he would likely have worked it
into his teachings, as he has done with everything else he has gotten
interested in.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:
> >
> > on 8/4/06 5:35 AM, wayback71 at wayback71@ wrote:
> >
> > > Really nice, thoughtful reply, Rick. Re the part about not
wanting to
> > > disillusion people
> > > unless they want to be disillusioned - I agree with you, bit I
do wonder how
> > > people will
> > > feel when the books about inappropriate sexual conduct come
out?  There will
> > > be lots of
> > > denial, but I also wonder if eventually people will be angry
that secrets were
> > > kept for so
> > > many years. Some people have NO idea about this stuff and it
will be difficult
> > > to reconcile
> > > with a lifetime of devotion.  Devotion is black and white,
rarely gray.

> > In my own case, I didnĀ¹t for a moment take the rumors seriously,
but then I
> > never had the amount and detail of information now available. And
if books
> > come out, there will be much more info. My guess is that a
percentage will
> > deny it all, while refusing to look at the evidence, while a
majority will
> > accept it. Some of these will dismiss him as a total fraud, but
hopefully
> > many will try to arrive at a balance view.
>
> In my case, I heard rumors in the 70's and dismissed them.  But a
few years later began to
> wonder as more information appeared.  I pretty much decided to keep
on with the Faith,
> partly because I had so much invested already.  Now, I do think the
rumors are tue, but I
> still love MMY and his teachings and have benefitted so greatly
from it all.  I can't really
> judge his actions, although it makes me uncomfortable and I wouod
prefer to have a
> snowy white teacher. Not sure that is possible on earth and in Kali
Yuga. The Universe