--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
> > <marwincornyarmand@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I heard Geoffrey Clements say something similar many years
> > > ago, when he visited Norway. When we meditate TM - something
> > > is happening in the brain, more coherence. If we meditate with
> > > people that is not doing TM - their vibes will disturb our
> > > brain wave function.
> >
> > After decades of hearing this crap and having
> > been trained to consider themselves more elite
> > than pretty much everyone in the world, is it
> > any wonder that the TBs see "enemies" and
> > "anti-TMers" with "agendas" all around them?
> > The whole *point* of training people to be
> > elitists is so that they'll develop a "them
> > vs. us" mentality and be easier to control.
> >
> > > Some of the TB's told us not to have
> > > non-meditating friends - because it was not good for us, and
> > > never meditate in the same room as others that used other
> > > meditation technique. I think I would be very comfortable
> > > to meditate in the same room as Yogananda and Guru Dev.
> >
> > Actually, if you buy into the bullshit that
> > Clements was selling, you wouldn't DARE
> > meditate in the same room as Guru Dev,
> > because he wouldn't be practicing TM,
> > would he? You might get cooties.  :-)
>
> Guru Dev, Brahmananda Saraswati IS TM...every cell.

But he wouldn't be *practicing* TM, Jim. As
anyone who has read his writings knows, he
would be practicing a *different* technique
of meditation. Therefore, if Geoffrey Clements
was stating the official TM position accurately
(and he probably was because I've heard the
same thing from Maharishi), then you have to
assume that the official TM position would be
that it would be dangerous to meditate in the
same room with Guru Dev.

You can't have it both ways. Either techniques
other than TM have cooties and "disturb our
brain wave functioning," or they don't. And
*if* they do, which does seem to be the TM
dogma, then the techniques Guru Dev and his
fellow monks practiced would fall into that
category, and be "dangerous" to be around.