--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Re: Guru Dev on changing gurus

> guru as a

> > > meditators/sidhas, are NOT in a

> > > "guru" which doesn't
> > >
> > > I was going by Paul's translation of guru-bhak, "follower". Paul what
> > > was your reasoning/ basis for saying "followeer" and not "devotee".
> > >
> > > It occured to me that a full-on bhakti relation might be implied. And
> > > it also occurred me that, in an "indian 1940's context", many if not
> > > most of the regular householder folk, flocking to see SBS once or
> > > twice a year, would be considered guru-bhaks, followers,even
> "devotees".
> > >
> > > Even, and perhaps specifically, the cooks, carpenters, shopkeepers,
> > > policmen etc who saw him infrequently, and many who never had a
> > > personal audience with him. They may have done guru puja to him every
> > > morning. They may have fully prostrated themselves on the ground
> > > before him. Thats a "devotee" in my book. Yet not a 24/7 staffer.
> > >
> > > I would look to translators, interpretors, cultural historians, and 80
> > > year old hindus for clarification. Until then, you will have your
> > > read of it, I will have mine.
> >
> > But even given the above, most TMers and many/most TM teachers, are
> not in such a
> > relationship with MMY or Gurudev.
>
> I would suggest that tranlating such into a modern American / European
> context, many TM teachers, and some TMers (some real bhaktis
> and--seperate thought -- ninnies, there) are / were in such a
> relationship. However, if you do not grok such, from experience, or
> from the outlines of the suggestion, I am guessing that my making the
> detailed explicit case would not resonate with your experience or
> mind-set either. No foul.

I agree that some/many TM teachers and sme TMers were/are in such as
relationship (at
least in their own minds) with MMY, or even Gurudev.

I thought you were claiming a majority had this belief/attitude/whatever.

Perhaps at some point in their careers, most TM teachers felt that way, but
certainly it
wasn't a rank-and-file attidude for TMers and probably not even for TM-Sidhas.