Re: I Hate 55%off FFL Posts by Three Posters. Give them "time-outs"?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It appears that the people who overpost are not stepping up and
saying that they are
> going to change or that they care about or understand what the FFL
community has said to
> them, in fairly gentle and kind terms.

Well, Shemp said he would leave if people said he was posting too much
-- or something like that. No one is asking anyone to leave -- but as
you say, if they cannot reform a bit, with feedback, then something
measures may be appropriate. Like the "time out".

Amd Barry seems to be responding well to feedback. Much of it his own
stats.

Lets see over a day or two if feedback helps induce Judy and Sparaig
to reduce excessive posts (above 10%) amd improve tone -- if appropriate.

Seven posters / readers have stood up and said they dislike the
excessive posting and/or tone of massive posters. I suspect three or
(many) more will do so soon.

> I don't know if this is possible, but if there is an
> automatic feature on chat rooms that just witholds posts from any
person who has been
> overposting

I don't thinks so. But its easy to implement. If 10 people support the
"time-out" system, I think the moderators would be in accord with,
modestly bound to in a way, implementing a ban of excessive posters.
And various people monitor the %'s -- its fast and easy to do. So, Its
pretty automatic.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: