> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "at_man_and_brahman"
> <at_man_and_brahman@> wrote:
> >
> > I do remember. I asked you why you felt
> > the need to work so hard defending TM
> > to people who clearly could not be convinced
> > to see things a different way.
> >
> > You replied, "You have no idea." I took this
> > to mean that you thought I had no idea
> > how much energy you put into this or
> > were capable of in the future.
>
> Well, it was a reference to the Malkovich line,
> and there must have been something in what you
> wrote for me to have used it.  It was intended
> to be jocular; whatever you said, it struck me
> funny at the time.
>
> Looking at your reconstruction above, it was
> probably your notion that I felt the need to
> work hard, and my response really meant I
> wasn't putting anywhere near as much energy
> into it as you assumed, exactly the opposite
> of how you interpreted it.  I guess I figured
> folks would recognize the line, remember
> Malkovich's over-the-top delivery, and realize
> I had meant it ironically.
>
> Sorry to have misled you all those years ago!
>
> Which forum was this, by the way?  TMNews,
> perhaps?  If so, that would have been well after
> I had started participating on alt.m.t in 1994.

It was an email list. I forget the name of the
founder/moderator. Some guy in Kalifornia.
I think that was probably '92 or '93. I don't
think AMT really much existed yet. People
have been talking TM on the Internet
for a very long time, in Internet years.

I was not yet a Malkovich fan at the time.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: