--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj vajranatha@ wrote:
> >
> > That's what some pundits are predicting because many people will
> > have to buy new Pee Cees to run it, upgraders will pay close to
> > 300 bucks and many are just tired of the Spyware issues and so
> > on which will surely follow Vista. It's said to be a fairly
> > different UI that many hardcore Wintel people may not tolerate.
>
> I held out as long as I could before switching from Win2000 to XP, and
> I'll probably hold out as long as I can before switching to Vista.
> After all, it's only when Microsoft starts shipping a product that the
> real beta testing begins, and it usually takes a couple years to weed
> out the most egregious flaws. Besides, this PC is only 3 years old,
> and its 2.8GHz P4 is overkill for what I do. A couple years from now,
> everything will be multiple cores up the wazoo and fully capable of
> running the most bloated of bloatware.

I have Vista RC2 running on a laptop. It's running a little better than
I thought it would in 512mb. I tend to hang back in upgrading these days
too. Many businesses still run win2k and will for as long as they can.
For my own personal use, when I'm not solving customer problems, for the
last 5 or so years I've been running Linux and Windows Server 2003. I'm
tired of all the Windows (whatever flavor) security issues.  Gentoo on
an AMD 4400 X2 (rebuild the entire system from source in under 12 hrs.
while I work on other stuff on the same box), can't ask for more.... Yes
I have used OSX, HPUX, Solaris, AIX, Xenix, Dos, OS9 etc... Like 'em all
even WinMe  :)

JohnY

JohnY

<*> Your email settings: