Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Vista (was Re: Fwd: A PROGRESS REPORT)
on 10/15/06 2:09 AM, authfriend at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "Alex Stanley"
> > <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > > Besides, this PC is only 3 years old, and its 2.8GHz P4
> > > is overkill for what I do. A couple years from now,
> > > everything will be multiple cores up the wazoo and fully
> > > capable of running the most bloated of bloatware.
> > >
> > Exactly. v1.0 is never a good deal. Hey remember 640K max
> > RAM for DOS with a 4.77MHz processor speed?
>
> With two 5 1/4 360K floppy drives and no hard drive?
>
> I earned my living for two years with wunna dose.

Didn't have 640K RAM, either.  It was 5-something--
can't remember what, 525 sticks in my mind, but that
can't be right, can it?  DOS 2, I think.  Monochrome
monitor, of course.

And a 1200-baud modem.  Oh, the thrill when I upgraded
to a 2400-baud!

I started out on a 64K Osborne with a 6” screen. My first Mac had 128K which I spent $700 to upgrade to 1Mb. It had no hard drive, only a 400K floppy on which I had to hold the OS, plus whatever application and files I was working with. __._,_.___