> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <groups@> wrote:
> > >
> > > More cogently, we have to ask whether the research approach is
> > > really appropriate to the subject. Are brainwave measurements,
> > > no matter how sophisticated, really indicative of the operation
> > > or qualities of consciousness?
> >
> > Of course they are, consciousness is a quality of the brain
> > therefore measuring the brainwaves gives us at least an idea of
> > what's going on.
>
> Whenever I hear something like this, I find myself
> wondering whether everyone who says it has completely
> forgotten the Bardo experience, between death and
> rebirth. Consciousness doesn't stop. It's there while
> the body is lying dead in its coffin and the brain is
> no longer functioning, and its there long after the
> body has been reduced to ashes in the crematorium.
> So what part of that consciousness do you believe
> is based on your physical brain?

What confuses me is how time fits into all of this. This whole concept
of sequential lives is bound to space-time, yet consciousness is not.
>From the perspective of consciousness, isn't the
life-Bardo-life-Bardo-life-Bardo-life-Bardo-etc timeline purely an
illusion?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: