> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
wrote:

> > > Was in a rush before; want to add a couple things:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > I have no idea.  Do you?
> >
> > Not a clue.

> > > And Jim was just sayin' that the nature of
> > > enlightenment is such that it falls outside the
> > > category of "stories," something of which you're
> > > apparently not aware.
> >
> > And I *understand* that some people believe this.
> > I do not. Neither do spiritual traditions such
> > as the Tibetan one Vaj mentioned.
> >
> > I am a strong believer in enlightenment, and I
> > believe that the experience of it should be under
> > exactly the same scrutiny and subject to the same
> > analysis as any other experience, if not more. It
> > isn't "exempt."
> >
> What basis do you have for believing that Rory and I see it any
> other way? Is it because of what Vaj said? And why do you believe
> Vaj more than you believe either of us?

What's particularly interesting is that Vaj
claimed the test for enlightenment was whether
the person could do certain siddhis.

Barry, of course, has always insisted that the
ability to do siddhis doesn't have anything to
do with enlightenment.

So if he's going by what Vaj says in this case,
I guess it's just another one of those
contradictions that show how spiritually
advanced he is.