--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that
> > what new.morning was getting at is whether you or
> > anyone who considers themselves enlightened are
> > willing to "do the work" on your assumption that
> > you're enlightened.
>
> Basically, as I understand it, one does "the work" on oneself in areas
> in which one feels pain or suffering, as these are signs of incorrect
> thinking or thinking "not in alignment with nature;" there is no need
> to examine ideas that don't hurt :-)

Nothing in stone says that the work can't be used in other ways. I
don't have an understanding of any limits placed on the Work. Ron's
recent post added to questions for interesting inquiries to use the
Work for?

Answers to the following questions seem to me to be fair game for the
Work -- and useful:

Who am I?
Is the world real?
Do i accurately precieve and cognize what is "out there"?
Does God exist?
Is TM a great thing / a not good thing?
Am I useful for others?
Do I make judgements, and pre-judgments that are not necessary?
Where dos the sky end?
What was there before the universe was created -- the big bang?
Is global warming a large threat?
Should everyone drive a hybrid?
Is Tarantino a good director / writer?
Do bears shite in the woods?
Is April really the cruelest month?
Is the sky really blue?
Are the colors I see really the colors of the things  I see?
Is there life after death?
Is fear real or useful?
Who is Jesus?
Who is SBS?
Is Peter judgemental?
Is Bush corrupt?
Did the govt blow up the twin towers?
Should capital gains tax be eliminated?
Are apples the best PC's?
Should the work only be done on areas in which one feels pain or
suffering?
Can one delude themselves about a state of being, a state of
consciousness,  an altered state of consciousness,  perceptions,
cognitive functions?
Does God love me?
Is Alison Krauss the best singer in the universe?

Of course, you might suggest that these are all areas
in which I feel pain or suffering.

I would work on:

How would Rory know what I feel and think inside?
Do I care if Rory is mistaken?