I was given Magician in the summer of '97. I quickly read the entire series
before the realease of Shards and I have waited each year for the newest
book to come out. The rw cycle inspired me to pursue literature as my
degree. Furthermore, I have many friends and family that I have turned on to
this series, including my mother and grandmother!
On Oct 25, 2011 1:59 PM, "Len Smith" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> It was Talon of Silver Hawk that I 'found' 1st or should I say given as a
> part of a christmas present from my Auntie 6 years ago. I read it cover to
> cover in a couple of days and then got the rest of the Conclave series
> straight away along with the revised edition of Magician.
> I would like to thank you Ray for the hours of pleasure your books have
> given me.
> I will be introducing my 10 year old son to the wonders of Midkemia for his
> before bed after he has finished Rick Riordans Percy Jackson.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Raymond E. Feist
> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 7:57 PM
> To: feistfans-l
> Subject: Re: How did you find Magician?
>
>
>
> On Oct 24, 2011, at 11:39 AM, Dave Williamson wrote:
>
>  Tim
>>
>> Great post.
>>
>> I have been in an assortment of trouble much of my adult life and, as
>> a consequence, have spent some time in prison.
>>
>> I was first given Magician by a prison Officer with a big heart.  This
>> Officer risked her job by bringing the book into me, and I will never
>> forget that gesture.  In addition, I will never forget the comfort and
>> excitement that I derived from reading Magician.  It helped me through
>> a tough period.  I was subsequently able to order the rest of the
>> series from the prison library and have been an avid reader ever
>> since.
>>
>> Reading good stories helped me to improve my vocabulary, and
>> ultimately helped me to find employment upon release.
>>
>> Dave Williamson
>>
>
>
> Dave,
>
> One has no idea about the names on the list most of the time.  Heck of a
> story.  You just keep fighting the good fight and I'm glad I helped in
> whatever little way I did.  But always remember, you're the master of your
> life, no one else.
>
> Best, R.E.F.
> ----
> www.crydee.com
>
> Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by
> stupidity.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply via email to