On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Tim Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've been a member of the list for a while, but I haven't posted... I was
> wondering how everyone found Magician when you read it the first time.

I was probably about 20, give or take a year, when I overheard a guy
in my National Guard unit recommend this book to someone. I thought it
sounded interesting, so a few weeks later when I was in a bookstore I
found the book and picked it up. Enjoyed it a lot, read the rest of
the trilogy, and then got VERY excited when I found out a new, related
book was about to be published, and picked up Prince of the Blood when
it came out. Been a fan ever since -- and a scene in PotB has been a
favorite ever since, as well. I used to woo girls by sharing the scene
with Jimmy going for a swim, and stumbling into something. Awesome
scene.

When I got married, one reason I knew I'd found the right woman was
the amount of duplication we had on our bookshelves -- including two
nearly complete collections of Ray's works (most of my older copies in
paperback, most of her older copies in hardcover book club editions).
Working our our fifteenth year now.

Reply via email to