Morning All,

 

A fellow teacher lent me a copy of Magician in 1984. I was smitten!  Ray’s
words have become the one constantly comforting  thing  in my life. The
Empire Trilogy  is read at least once a year. I am often asked how I can
read the same book more than once. I tell people it is like talking to an
old friend…. I know what they are going to say but I love them all the more
for it. Ray’s books have helped me through the loss of my younger brother,
divorce, depression, cancer and saddest  of all an “empty nest”.

 

I have passed the love of all things Feisty to my son and  as I now  work in
a library I am infecting every likely looking borrower with the  “Feist
Virus”.

 

Unless Ray objects I plan on being cremated with a copy of Magician in my
hand.  (Now that does upset the Library Staff!!!!!)

 

 

Elizabeth

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Simon
Rönnberg
Sent: Tuesday, 1 November 2011 10:22 PM
To: feistfans-l
Subject: Re: How did you find Magician?

 

Hi!

 

I remember picking Magician: Apprentice at the local bookshop back in 95 or
so. I had just finished some other series (can't remember which at the
moment, might be I'd just finished the last published Jordan book or some
such), and was browsing the shelves for something new to read. For some
reason the book caught my eye, I bought it and havent regretted it even a
second!

 

//Simon

2011/10/21 Tim Hickey <[email protected]>

I've been a member of the list for a while, but I haven't posted... I was
wondering how everyone found Magician when you read it the first time. 

I went to Marist High School in Chicago and my freshman literature teacher,
Mrs. Littleton had us read both, Apprentice and Master, for class... I have
been in love with the story ever since. It is now 17 years later and it is
the only series of books (really the only books) that I read... I always
read the newest book in 1-2 days (which causes some rough mornings the next
day). 





 

-- 
Simon Rönnberg

Fridensborgsvägen 50

170 69 Solna

Mobil: +46 (0)70 6531747

Hem: +46 (0)8 7103333

 

Reply via email to